Experience & Legal Services | Business Law | Labor & Employment Law
In conjunction with our experience in representing businesses, we provide comprehensive legal counsel to our business and individual clients on a range of employment and labor issues including:
- Preventive Counseling: We have daily contact with business owners and human resources professionals to ensure compliance with applicable law and to review personnel issues. We routinely prepare and review employee handbooks and policies and procedures manuals. We also offer insight and training to supervisors to help them confront tough workplace issues.
- Litigation: We have experience defending a wide variety of employment litigation matters in both state and federal court including discrimination claims, wage and overtime claims, wrongful discharge claims, and retaliation claims. We also have extensive experience litigating claims involving non-competition agreements and the misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Administrative Claims: We defend companies and supervisors before the EEOC, the Department of Labor, and the Ohio Civil Rights Commission on discrimination and related claims.
- Union Organizing Campaigns: We work with employers faced with union organizing drives. We can offer insight and training on how to communicate with employees effectively and within the law when a union seeks to organize. We also represent employers once a petition for certification of a union or a petition for decertification of a union is filed with the NLRB.
- Collective Bargaining Agreements: We represent both public and private employers in the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements. We also handle the arbitration of disputes arising out of collective bargaining agreements.
- Unfair Labor Practice Charges: We represent public and private employers before the NLRB and Ohio agencies on unfair labor practice charges.